Thursday, December 10, 2015

Chamber Happenings for June 1998

Minutes for the June Meetings 1998:
Present: Harvey Shinar, Ivan & Gini Hyde, Jean Dulong, Rosemary Boren, Marion Curtis, Helen Forbes, Debbie Wilkinson, Mike & Janice Trombetta and Judy Bushy.
Welfare to work program will be in Happy Camp June 17th at 7 p.m.
Tour Coach report was given by Gini who thanked the Chamber for encouragement and all they have done.
Ivan & Gini no longer wish Siskiyou House to be the Chamber office so a new place will be considered.
Lioness Fun Fest is postponed to October 3rd.
Bike races are getting too close to complete plans properly this year. Mountain Man Rendezvous is still in planning stages.
Action Committee meeting on law enforcement was discussed. It was requested that the Chamber support the Neighborhood Watch more.
Nominations were discussed. It was suggested usually the officers conduct meetings and business but committees handle other matters. It was suggested we talk to the Lions Club, Lionesses, Grange VFW, and Karuk Council about more representation. They have the same problems we have, come to meeting and discuss them.

June 10, 1998
Jean reported that our previous insurance is in effect until July 28th. Debbie made a motion to rescind the motion of May to pay $57, Rosemary 2nd it and it passed. Allstate $540 seems the best insurance quote we can get.
Copies of the Somes Bar/Orleans Bylaws were handed out for study as Shirry Reynolds sent them to us.
Ivan and Chuck will make a presentation to the Tribe next Wednesday on $4,000.00 reuqst for the Collier's Interpretive & Information 'Center.
Charlotte offered to house the Chamber Visitor Information Center and Chamber telephone at Evans Mercantile. Her gracious offer was appreciated. It was suggested we get a quote for a sign out front. Siskiyou Telephone will have authorization to change the telephone line and brochure racks will be needed.
Charlotte made a motion we gat a $50 ad for BIGFOOT JAMBOREE. Tom 2nd the motion and it passed. Debbie will bring a suggested layout including the web page. We need to call about booth rental.
June 17th, 1998
Present were Harvey, Jean, Rosemary, Debbie, Gini, Rosie. Gary and Judy.
Secretary announced we have received membership renewals from Debbie Wilkinson, Connor's Card-lock, Bigger Hammer McCulley Logging Co and G & L Tire.
Nominations are for President, Harvey Shinar
First Vice President Howard Garthwait, Second Vice President  Debbie Wilkinson (promotion) and Third Vice President Rosemary or Tom Waddell (Membership)
Secretary: Judy Bushy, Treasurer Jean Dulong
Board Member at large: Rosemary Boren, Gary Burnett and 2 more are needed.
Past President: Howard Garthwait.
There is a critical need for more people to serve!
Judy made a motion we pay $5- for Or-Cal, $75.49 to Office Outfitters and $6 postage to Ivan, Rosemary 2nd the motion and it was approved.

June 24, 1998
Present: Harvey, Judy Jean Gini Rosemary Rosie Debbie and Sharon and Judy.
embers who have renewed are:Naturegraph, Frontier Lodge & Cafe, adn Sanitary District.
Harvey announced a professor and his wife who've been to China will give a program at the Grange Hall on Chinese in the Gold Rush sponsored bny the University of California and the Library Board. Perhaps we could serve lunch.
Or Csal and associate Chamber meetings were discussed.
Visitor Bureau requested $4,000 from the Karuk Tribe.
Jean reported that she deposited $507.50 for a balance of $1,834.30 and with what came in now about $156 the balance will be $1,990.
Poker booth for Bigfoot Jamboree and a welcome dinner for doctor and dentist t were discussed.
Note to Chamber Members will Minutes:

Your presence is requested at these very vital meetings:
July 1, Wednesday will be election of officers at 1 p.m. at Gold Mine Restaurant.
July 7th will be monthly Tuesday meeting at 7 p.m. (The Bylaws will be presented for final discussion so that we may vote on adoption by August 4th at 7 p.m. at the Lions/Scout Hall on Park Way.) The Chamber began July 1987 will have a birthday.
Decisions will be made at the time where to hold July Wednesday meeting for July 15th, 22nd and 29th at 1 p.m.

Harvey will check with Somes Bar/POrleans Chamber about their bylaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment